Monday, January 9, 2017

Fr. Chuck's Column, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! Also Happy Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God! Ready or not 2017 is here. What do you hope for this year? What do you look forward to?

For myself, I am looking forward to construction FINALLY start on the outside of our church and rectory. I expect that to occur around March 1, just in time to complicate things for the crowds that come on Ash Wednesday.

I am also looking forward to three of my brother Paulists being ordained as priests in May in New York City. Two of the three (Steve Petroff and Stu Wilson-Smith) have been assigned here for a few months during their formation. All three are great guys.

Is it too much to hope that the Mopac Improvement Project will be completed in 2017??

And I have pretty much stopped hoping for anything from Longhorn football. Let’s hope we are all pleasantly surprised!


New Year’s Day is a time for optimism and hope. What are your hopes for the coming year? There will be plenty of time (364 days to be exact) for disappointment, grumbling, complaining and kvetching. But today, let’s look on the bright side and welcome in 2017 with hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment