Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fr. Chuck's Column, Sunday, February 26

We are happy to have with us for this Lent a Paulist Novice, Mr. Stuart Wilson-Smith. We are privileged to assist the Paulists in their formation program in this way. Please make Stu feel welcome at St. Austin!
God bless! 



Greetings, St. Austin! My name is Stuart Wilson-Smith (but please call me Stu), and I am a novice with the Paulist Fathers. As a novice I am in my first year of formation and discernment with the community. As part of that discernment, each of us five novices are sent out to a different Paulist foundation to learn and experience Paulist life through service for the Lenten season.

A little about me:  I was born and raised in Eastern Canada and went to school at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, where I have for the most part been living since. As I do love to travel, I also have spent time living and working abroad in Ireland and backpacking through South and East Africa. Prior to entering formation with the Paulists, I worked at a musical instrument store and as a musician and songwriter.

At St. Austin I will be assisting at the weekday Masses, making myself available to the parish staff and offering a presentation in addition to other duties as they are assigned. I'm very excited to be joining the community for this special time in our Liturgical year, and I sincerely look forward to meeting you.

Stu



No comments:

Post a Comment